Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Blash from the Past Series
This Series that I am proclaiming as Blash from the Past is about my past struggles from earlier this year from the start of my first race to my latest so that you will have plenty to read up on. This first post is about The Race For the Land 8K. My first race, was something I had mixed feelings about. It was all trail and basically in the backyard of where I live. The day started out very good. Had a banana and something to drink a hour before the race. Then I started and it was nothing like I expected. In some cases I ended up running the half marathon for the race. Only to find myself finishing two minutes later than my wife. When I was done with that race. My stomach and heart hurt from the effort I put into it. I was sweating like I had just taken a shower in the sun. The feeling of finishing though crossing the line just drove me to want more and made me addicted to racing. No matter if I may never come in the top ten in the race. It was remarkable to me how i felt. I felt strong and ready for another. Never felt like that before and i would image it was probably the feeling of finishing that took me aback alittle. This race is going to be the one that will always stick in my mind no matter what im thinking or doing when it comes to running and training. It is a blueprint that I follow and strive to be better now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment